I who may well be...

Musings from the perspective of a human being who may well be not locatable completely within the usual categories of male or female or gay or straight or transsexual or intersexed or exploiter or exploited or supplier or consumer or performer or spectator.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Position Vacant: Attentive sleeping companion

After a slightly dramatic exit, where I actually thought a snowball's chance would be enough (as it usually is for me), my sleeping companion has departed this mortal coil. My cat died in my arms this afternoon, at the vet's, after we had established she had no hope of continuing life outside of a hospital, and had more organs failing than working.

Who will gaze into my eyes without looking away?

Who will just be glad to be close to me?

Who will be there for me?

Who will give me the present of their presence?

Who will I give my presence to?

Who will return my gaze?

Who will to drift off to sleep with me, breathing together?

Who will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com