I who may well be...

Musings from the perspective of a human being who may well be not locatable completely within the usual categories of male or female or gay or straight or transsexual or intersexed or exploiter or exploited or supplier or consumer or performer or spectator.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Support Gender Diversity in MySpace!

It's turning into an e-campaign! Come on, join the call to get norrie mAy-welby into myspace! I mean, to get my own myspace ; )

I am currently blocked from myspace.com because the sign-up page insists I list myself as either male or female, and neither is unambiguous for me, okay, I mean, you probably don't need my life story to support my call for equal participation of all humans regardless of breeding status, but by the way, I'm post-transsexual, born with a willie, identified as female, did the whole transsexual sex change thing, got into feminism and Foucault and other friendly F-words, gave up hormones, and am now quite comfortable with being myself however others see me. And comfortable with everyone being themselves as they are. Hallelujah!

E-Mails to au-mscontact@myspace.com and cc to me nmay-wel@bigpond.net.au please. We could be at the start of a documentable change from exclusion and reducing humans to categories, flowing on from one site changing its policy of excluding humans who aren't just exclusively male or female, to other sites, to all sites, to other bureaucratic media, to an acceptance of human diversity predominant in the collective human conciousness. love for humanity and for our experiential reality informing our emotional reality, peace love and perpetual bliss! Ohm!

Wishing all y'all Peace, Love and Joy

norrie mAy-welby

----- Original Message -----



Dear Myspace Administrator


I was upset to hear that Norrie mAy-welby was unable to use the myspace service. Shouldn't a web log site called "My space" allow for the space to be customised to the individual, including ones gender. This would surely allow the user to claim the space as theirs.


Please consider allowing all people to share your service.


Sam Choy


On 18/04/2007, at 4:21 PM, Rani Lukita wrote:


Dear My Space Administrator,

My name is Rani Lukita and I am a friend of norrie mAy-welby, who has expressed concerns about having to adhere to being either male or female in subscribing to your service.

Whilst such restrictions are in no way limited to your particular service, I would nonetheless urge you accommodate for gender diversity in order to maintain an even more progressive level of inclusiveness- a value that myspace is reputed for.

Until this matter has developed positively, I will be forwarding these emails through my networks, which include a diverse audience, I can assure you.

Thank you for your attention, we hope to hear from you soon.

Rani P Lukita

norrie mAy-welby a écrit :
I am still waiting to be able to sign up to myspace. I am still blocked by the compulsory choose-one-gender-only field. I want to sign up to be a "friend" of a gender queer peformance site. It's ironic that I am still blocked by your system's continued insistence on reducing every human being to a normative breeding status, and excluding all those unable or unwilling to be so reduced. It's 2007, and utterly anachronous to insist on everyone having a normative breeding status, male or female, no intersex, hermaphrodite or gender diverse humans can apply, in the computer age!

This matter having been brought to your attention well over two months now, with yet no sign of progress, this post and your reply will be going to e-mail lists for those interested in the progression of this matter.

norrie mAy-welby

----- Original Message -----
From: MySpace - AU - MSContact
To: nmay-wel@bigpond.net.au
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 12:02 AM
Subject: Re: Report - Content [#2217230]




Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your comments and suggestions. We consider them important and will take them under advisement.

MySpace.com

--Original Message--
From: nmay-wel@bigpond.net.au
Date: 2/8/2007 4:20:50 AM
To: au-mscontact@myspace.com
Subject: Report - Content

02/08/2007 04:20 AM CONTACT REQUEST FORM SUBMITTED
----
Subject: Report - Content
Body:

The sign up page is innappropriate for people who do not
wish to state their part in human reproduction, nor for those
who do not have any part in human reproduction. For
example, and case in point, I am biologically neuter, and
socially androgynous, and have no wish to hurt my soul by
falsely descriing myself as "male" or "female"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com