I who may well be...

Musings from the perspective of a human being who may well be not locatable completely within the usual categories of male or female or gay or straight or transsexual or intersexed or exploiter or exploited or supplier or consumer or performer or spectator.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

I got hit by a bus

I got hit by a bus today

I got hit by a bus

I got hit by a bus!

GOD LOVES ME!

Because I'm still alive!

Actually, I think it was Jesus specfically who saved me, as this happened (on my bike) just outside the church (on Broadway, now part of Norte Dame University) where I had committed my first conscious act of radical Christian activism, altering their "Trespassers will be Prosecuted" sign to "Trespassers will be FORGIVEN". I did this a few years ago, but it got mentioned in the Sydney Morning Herald's Stay In Touch column, but more importantly, Jesus remembered it, and when I was HIT BY A BUS, Jesus saved me. Thanks mate.

I reckoned I owed Christ a bit of gratitude after that, so I delivered the local paper put out by the local social justice activist Christians (yeah, the mob I hang with, the Uniting Church in Waterloo) to the Block (always first, with first delivery to The Aboriginal Tent Embassy) and then Chippendale East of Abercrombie, seven hundred copies all up. I kept going cos I didn't want to leave it undone if I stopped and became stiff and sore. I was, after all, hit by A BUS.

Not a bone broken. 45, castrated, no fuckin' prescription oestrogen for fifteen years, and not a bone broken. HIT BY A BUS. Take that, "medical experts" who prophesised oesteoporosis and broken bones if I stayed free of their potions! I was HIT BY A BUS and I'm OK!

Thank you Jesus, and bollocks to the scribes!

I got HIT BY A BUS!

I'm still euphoric. What a fantasticly good life!

I got hit by A BUS!!!!!!

And I'm OKAY!

My life ROCKS!

2 Comments:

  • At 05 October, 2006 21:28, Blogger mayhem said…

    Hey Norrie

    when the endorphins wear off and you're going through that scary shaking bruisy yucky bit where you want to crawl into a hole and die - I just hope you're online and you can have a big fat warm hug from me, and a mug of creamy soporific beverage, to soothe you to bed and give you the strength to keep up the fight.

    what number was the bus btw?

     
  • At 06 October, 2006 12:20, Blogger Norrie said…

    Didn't happen that way. I woke up stiff and sore yesterday, in fact, it felt like I'd been hit a bus ; ) But I just kept saying "I was hit by a bus" (Meaning: I WAS hist by a bus!) and " I was hit by a bus!" (meaning: I survived being hit by a bus!)

    I am IRRESPRESIBLE!

    All I needed yesterday was a little Nurafen. I only managed half of my Tibetan Rites too. Today I managed the full quota of half of the Rites, but only a third of the Table Top exercise and up dog/down dog. My left arm and wrist are a bit delicate about bearing my body weight. However, this is not a holiday camp, it is a working body, and they'll be up to speed again soon.

    I survived being hit a bus.

    I am UNSTOPPABLE!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com